Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Poem

I read about a recently controversial poem, pipi mimi, published.
It is controversial as it could very blatantly be related to yet another current controversial celebrity affair of KD.
Yet, the author argued that she didn't attribute the poem to anyone in particular, it is just something that could be related to every women, so she said.

Well.. whatever,
I say there are too many coincidences between those points in her "fiction" poem with the current real story for her to be hiding behind the so-called "fiction" categorization.

but then.. *shrugs* oh well...

the only thing that bother me is...
that poem isn't worth being a poem.

I have always appreciated all the literature works which would give me a shiver in the spine, even a slap in the face if you will, through sheer words.
For me poems supposed to be chain of words which would tantalize your senses,
engage all your senses with it's strength and making you feel more about things it's talking about,
and would stimulate your mind into thinking deeper meaning of things.
It is a short(or not so short) reading that would leave you wiser by the time you finish reading it.

Not a blatant mocking of a see-through situation.
I say that's a parody writing... at best.

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Ciiii, I just found out how to make a good poem!

1. List some words
2. Pick words randomly from the list
3. Arrange it and fix it a bit so it sounds nice
4. There you go!

I tried it, and it generates much better poem than pipi mimi, I might even write a program for it! :P

lite said...

Hahahaha, true, Zu xD
I do often think that poets do just exactly that in creating their works xP
Yet, the miracle happens in how people can then interpret things out of it I guess....
so...related to my post... my brain just isn't sophisticated enough to interpret anything wise out of the pipi mimi poem I suppose? @_@

and yeshh, please please do write the program and post the result poems in ur blog please? I'd be looking forward for your poems! *_*