Sunday, January 08, 2012

Reasons not to grow your nails long and wear nail polish

Aside from the sanitary concerns and the fact that it would interfere with ablution process:

- They take lots of time to apply!!

You need to have the following layers in a proper and healthy application of nail polish:
1. Base coat : to protect your nails from the chemical in the nail polish
2. The nail polish : Depending on the color of the nail polish you might need 1 or 2 layers of this.
(2. b) Ornament nail polish : I used glitter nail polish to add some sparkling elements to my nails.
3. Top coat : This will coat your overall nail polish. It provides you with the desired finish (matte, shiny, etc), smooth the nails (glitter nail polish left you with gritty texture in your nails) and strengthen them: protect your nail polish from chipping.


- (And when you do have lots of time to spare) They are super duper hard to apply!

The bad case of failure in applying nail polish :


The nail polish in my index finger was finally cleaned and removed as they crumpled @_@
My mistakes :
1. Applying the nail polish too thick
2. Applying them in non-uniform layer
3. Not waiting for each layer to dry up first before applying the next one

These mistakes caused the nail polish to build up on the nail edges as a soft, thick tissue of nail polish. They don't really stick firmly to the nails and crumpled upon contact with hard objects. The example of such failure can be seen on the tip of my middle finger and ring finger nails.

The only success in that picture happened to my little finger nail. I only applied one layer of color and since it's small everything dries up properly before I applied the next layer.

I found when you are using transparent nail polish you could save yourself from some of those hassle though. You'll still need to wait each layer to dry out but at least you need not to worry about applying the next layer to even out the color or to make sure that it has been applied uniformly.




- They interfere with cooking and daily chores

I'll consider wearing my nail polish later when I'm in Indo at my parents home where I have no need to do any household chores at all.

- Eating with ur hands doesn't really feel right.

Yeah, I suppose this is why wearing nail polish aren't exactly something in our Indonesian traditional culture (excluding using henna/"pacar"). We enjoy eating with our bare hands!

- They got stuck between keyboard keys.

And considering what I do, this is likely the main reason I'll never grow my nails long and wear nail polish ever again.


Anyway, having ventured myself the area of prettifying your nails using nail polish, I now could appreciate more all the girls (and boys?) who managed to keep their nails all pretty and lacquered. All those time and efforts... beauty is pain!

5 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

you called this beauty? :P

it will interferes with badminton! and you won't be allowed to get to football court with that kind of thing!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

btw, how are you? :D

lite said...

hahaha,
Yeah, J doesn't think it as something of beauty either. But when you look at them : it's shinyyyy *_* lol

I'm fine thankiiiess. Trying to graduate super soon, insya Allah.
If you see me blogging it means I'm procrastinating from writing my thesis, though xP

Ismail Habib said...

Good luck with your thesis, for J as well... Please continue on blogging even though later you're no longer procrastinating :D

lite said...

Yay, thank you!
Hahaha, don't worry, blogging is my way to vent off. Don't think I'd stop needing it anytime soon.

However, the same should be said to you. Please continue on blogging even though you no longer think you're funny? xD

jk jk xD
On a serious note, I seriously missed seeing new post in ur happy blog though :P

Ismail Habib said...

I actually spent half an hour in front of my computer trying to came up with something funny. Did not work out... I had to remove the post altogether because it's even painful to read...

Perhaps another day :D

Thanks for caring btw ;)