Sunday, February 03, 2008

update update

wow, been a long time since last I updated this blog :D
new things on my life:

1. I've graduated, yayayyyyy!! h
And turns out someone had written abt it lol, tsk tsk tsk, now I know why Habsq found out abt me wearing "kebaya" while presenting my thesis ;P
Thankiiess though chietz for writing abt it!
and all my gratitude and thanks for everyone who was always there for me through that months of painful thesis writing. I love you all so much! And you know who u r ;)

2. I've started my PhD program

That involves :

- taking PhD classes which r held just in a short span of time like 2 weeks but with intensive meetings everyday for 3 hours *fainted*.
not to mention that since only few ppl attend these classes, a late arrival or an absent or an accidental sleep during the course is very noticeable ^^;;>
and the worst for this 2 weeks is that this class starts at 8.30 am. Mind you, with subuh at 6 am, Trento is still very very dark and colddddddddddd at that hour T_T

- Getting an allocated desk&workstation at campus

woohooo :D
excuse my newbieness ^^;;>
but since I have never really did a proper serious work in a formal institution, obtaining a workspace really felt something :D
as if....ummm.... I dunno... like, wow, I'm working now! *duh!*xD

- New form of relationship with my professors

Since now the position is that I am a doctorate student who is working with them, my prof. insisted for me to call them by first names. Without any "Professor" adressing.
This is sooooooooooooooo hard for me >_< so far I havnt succeeded in doing so >.>

- more self motivation needed >_<

Umm, yea, so I have to do some courses as well as keep on doing the research for my PhD.
The thing is, now it isnt just that the class is smaller; I dont know anyone, everyone will just attend the class and speaks nothing, then go back to their own places.
I'm still used with my master degree experience, where I will have a group of students with the same set of courses, who will be with me through all those classes. So, now, I have soooo less motivation to go to my classes >_<
And the research, now basically aside the courses, I just need to go to campus when I have an appointment with my prof to report my research progress. Other than that...I can even spend the whole day lazying around at home ;P and...its so ohhh tempting >_<

3. I play XDO now ;P

The great news is habs and linds r playing there too!! yayayayyy!
And....gasp....finally after all this year beggings *exaggerating mode*
my bf plays it too! :') aww, I so love him <333

Uhmmm....I think that's all so far :D
More updates in the next post if I remember one ;P
*disclaimer: this post was written without any double recheck for spellings and grammar, so pardon moi ;P*

5 comments:

Velly said...

yusi.. i saw the post about your thesis story, and it gave me goosebumps! You.. get a perfect score for your thesis??!! What r u made of? though i dont know what *110/110* means, but i sure can see that is a fantastic number. Congrats anyway. I know you are superb, but this is way beyond that. Salut!

lite said...

vellyyyyy, yayayyy *huggss hugsss*
omg, really? now ive got goosebumps on my own xD

no no no, not that scary, vel ;D
the score 110 isn't the score for my thesis, its like my G.P.A + thesis score (I think I'll write abt that confusing italian grading system later ;P)

Unfortunately, my thesis didn't get a perfect score :D
The perfect score is 8, but I got 7 since I hadn't published any paper regarding my thesis ;P

well, I dont mind. Actually it was my supervisor who were more upset that I didnt get 8 lol xD

but, yayy, thankiiiess so very much, vel! *hugss*
yet, no no, lol, really, Im not superb at all, let alone beyond that ;P
I bet u'll do better if u do ur master, vel!! ;D
*hugsss, kissesss*

Ismail Habib said...

1. I won't congrats you again since you have heard it from me many times :P For Velly: 110 out of 110 is fantastic number when it comes to ordinary person (e.g.: me). However, the one who own this blog is no ordinary at all... xD

2. Yeaaa, 08.30 might be to early for everyone. Difficult but possible (look who's talking! The guy who always late! :P). Anyway, I already get used to call my professor with her first name. At first it seems strange, but since everyone do that then I don't feel guilty at all xD. Self motivation? Why do you need self motivation anyway? You're not alone! ;)

3. Your bf play xdo because of me, admit that. LOL...

lite said...

1. lolsss, no no no, seriously, i bet u'll get 110/110 e lode too if u r here zu, vel! ;)
and of course im not ordinary! Im special! just like u both and everyone else xD

2. well, seems others agreed too with me lol. after sometimes the class *unofficially* started at 9 since anyway everyone came to the class at that time xD

wow, really zu? it feels so hard for me >_<
a very well known professor with lots of papers cited and achievements everywhere, and I have to call him Alessandro? feels so wrong >__<

im not alone? really? why r u and linds in delft and not in Trento then? T__T

3. awhhhhhhh, why why why do u have to steal my mojo even in my own blog! >_____<
xD

Ismail Habib said...

Now it's getting interesting... Alessandro who? If his last name is "del Piero" then please tell him that I'm really sorry I couldn't join Juventus at that time because I was so busy... ~xD

For the "you're not alone" thingy... I didn't point at myself nor LindsQ but at your bf :P

PS: I could understand that you don't want to be special... that's fine, I have nothing against it. However, don't start saying that I'm not special! I'm very special, extraordinary, kind-hearted, cool, and on top of all, I am a real honest person O:-) doh, my first lie today...