Wednesday, June 04, 2008

away from home

it began with a simple birthday card,
and me planning to write some simple words,
some wishes for my daddy dearest.

then my mind wandered
and I realized that
i hardly can remember the last time I was home to wish you a happy birthday in the morning, Dad...

I've always thought that being away from home,
something which I've done since I was 14,
is something that makes me stronger.

but, is the price I pay worth it?
wouldn't I be stronger if I spent more years learning from my parents wisdom?
building closer bounds with my dearest brothers and sister?
have i alienated myself from my family with all these years away from home?
have i done the best as a daughter for my parents?
have i been wasting my not-so-long-time in this world away from you, my Mommy and Daddy dearest?

Suddenly I just wanna go home...

And after a sleepless night
just to find out in the morning that I could right away sleep peacefully after some calls with my parents,

and some chats with my friends dearest,
I found out that home isn't just my family,
my old friends too...

with all my works now, have i been wasting moments I could have spent with u guys?

and i wanna go home more and more...




ps. but someone is going nearby here instead ;P yayy for velly! =D)

1 comment:

Ismail Habib said...

you're not wasting any moments... that's for sure :)