Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Skirts, colours, springtime!

Yesterday, in a usual last minute prep before sprinting catching the bus for an appointment, I couldn't find the veils that I wanted to wear that day. I was wearing an outfit with dark colours so I thought I'd match it with my black veils as usual. But as the time was ticking, I finally resorted to the plain ivory veil that I found in the bottom of my dresser, the only thing that didn't seem crumpled too much xP

And as I donned my head veil, it struck me that it's been such a long time since last I wore light coloured things.

Wow.

I found it rather odd, as I know I do love colours the most. And my colourful collection in the wardrobe would prove it.

I supposed I'd blame it in the winter?

While it rendered the earth all pretty with it's white blanket, it has also stripped it off from colours but white, black, and shades of grays.
People got the cold mood too and dressed in such dull shades.
Sure, here and there some red jacket and shiny skiing jackets colours would pop up, but it's never the majority, not in winter.

But the sun has been very sweet to my city these last few days. No days were without sun rays kissing us. The wind sure still blowing cold as always, but it really helped to see the sun shone during the days. It really feel as if it's definitely springtime coming early!

So, that sunshiny day I finally went out with my flowing skirts and light coloured veil,
and, boy, that felt good! ;D

It felt a bit surreal acknowledging having such feeling just because of one single change of veil colour,
but hey, it's all that little things that matter, and it did work!

And... as I met my prof submitting my work, he asked me what's the occasion today?
To my confused look then he continued that I dressed very elegantly that day.
awww =')

Yay for springtime!;D
So, light up, shine up! It may be winter outside, but let it be always springtime in your heart and mind! (and look ;P)

and so here I am today,
donning my other skirts that I dug up from the bottom of my wardrobe,
I'm loving my style and I think I'll flaunt it for as long as I'm in the mood for it, singing "I want a girl with long skirt and shooooort jacket~~" xP

5 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

"I want a girl with long skirt and shooooort jacket~~"
Is this a real song or something that you came up for this blog post only? :P

Hey Yusiban, you know what you can do to complete this blog post? The picture of you wearing the light-colored veil and flowing skirts. If you find that it's too much, then you can just take a picture of the clothing without you on it :P After all, that's what important right? xD xD xD xD Who knows, I might compliment you like your prof did, even though you know that would be very unlikely... j/k heheheh :P

But yeah! I've had enough of this gloomy winter! Spring, can you come earlier pleaseeee? Yusiban will appreciate it a lot xD

lite said...

lol,it's from Cake's song : I want a girl with short skirts and looooong jacket~~
ih, habs kaya ga gaul ma Gajay aja xP

haha, yeah, the thought crossed my mind too, but I wasn't in such narcissistic mode and just couldn't be bothered to take the outfit pics (they are crumpled in the laundry bin now as we speak xP) I'll see if i could get a sketch later ;P

hahaha, yeah yeah, i know, only if I get linds to wear it then i'll get you to compliment it :P

lol, yeah please please do come, spring! But it already feels like one here already anyway, how about you there in cold, windy Netherland? :P

Ismail Habib said...

Well, minus 6 and just got snowy again!

Spring, what spring?

lite said...

hahaha, u definitely need to come here then!!! when when when r u guys coming? =D

Ismail Habib said...

This year vacation plan! :D