Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Signs of winter coming

Growing up in a country with 2 seasons, it's not really automatic for me to adapt to the changing of season in this 4 seasons country.

Just imitating people is not easy, since what's warm for them is cold for me.
So people usually will already be wearing their summer clothes while I'd still be bundled in my layers of clothes.

Then, when they finally wear some layers of clothes, I'd already need even my outer jacket to stay with me even though I'm working indoor.

It's not so bad though, when the change is from winter/spring to summer.
I'd just need to try taking off my jacket, and if I survive,
or if I'm sweating wearing it instead, then it's summer.

Yet, for winter, it's not so obvious, since people would still be happily looking like they are wearing light clothes unless it's snowing already.

So, mental notes for me :
- When you notice the grasses are frozen in the morning
- When 5 minutes waiting the bus feels like forever since your toes are just frozen inside your canvas shoes
- When your hands and lips cracked up from the dry, dry, cold wind
- When dzuhur, ashar, and maghrib and even isha prayers are all done within the range of less than 6 hours.

It's definitely time to buckle up and unpack all the layers of winter clothes.
Snow shoes, thick socks, gloves, head warmer, hand/body lotion, lip balms, are must-haves!

No comments: