Monday, March 19, 2012

Highlight of the day

It's a gloomy morning, with heavy clouds hanging, and light showers.
However, I've got my highlight of the day early in the morning : being chased by a dog while chasing my bus! xD

The dog is of a bigger breed. After consulting with J and wiki, I learned that it was of boxer breed with fawn coat and flash on its chest. The dog belongs to an old lady, one of my neighbour. Apparently they were out for a walk earlier this morning and happened to be in front of my building when I went out to catch my bus.

I did not really pay attention to them at first, as I was just hurriedly opening my building door and immediately running towards the gate. I first noticed the dog when it was then suddenly positioning itself on my direction and staring at me. I hesitated in a split second; he seems like to be of the breed of the guard dogs. You know, the fierce ones, with appearances meant intentionally to scare people off. But, alas I was late and the owner is here anyway, so I just continued my run.

As soon as I restarted my sprint, though, the dog dashed towards me!
And before I realized it the dog has already jumped on me, paws on my torso:
playfully begging for head rubs! awwwwwww =')

I have always been enticed by dogs. Well, picture of cute dogs and puppies actually. And the sight of dogs being walked around in my city, since I don't have any dogs nor friends who happen to have dogs xP

But I have never actually came into direct contact with any dog of this size.
And I have always been actually rather terrified of being in contact with dogs.
Aside of the consideration of the ablution hassle I have to go through if I got licked, their size and bark are rather disheartening compared to cat's size and cat's meow.

However, the dog who was looking at me directly in my eyes and had its paws on me this morning didn't bark at all. And it has completely playful and friendly eyes and attitude as it tried to get even closer, pawing at me and sniffing my skirt, when I stepped back out of my surprise. I couldn't help but just laughed, I didn't even want to say no to that adorable dog.

The old lady then called the dog and apologized to me to which I just said "No, it's ok" while giggling. Of course it's ok! In fact I was super delighted! I so wish I could just give the dog the head rubs it deserved!

The dog then found another passerby, which then responded to the dog more appropriately despite having her music player earphone cables entangled on the dog paws as it's jumping on her xD

So I continued my sprint again towards the gate. And what did I found:
the dog ran too chasing me!
Shortly, it was already running ahead of me!
This time, though, as apparently it has learnt its lesson and I heard the old lady's voice too saying something, the dog just circled me, while kept running with me.
awwwwww =')

The chasing then had to stop since I've reached my gate and had to leave, closing the gate behind me with the dog still running, now encircling the fence around the gate. Awww =')

Now I so wish I have a dog to run every morning with :D

No comments: