Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Wow, look at that, been such a long time since my last post.

J always protects me from anguish.
Like this morning, he told me to look away when he's looking at some violent/brutal video clips. Since I'm usually deeply affected by such vids.

I guess everyone tries to protect their loved ones from despair and bad things, etc.
But what's the limit?
How do you know when you should protect someone from something and when you actually should let her/him to experience it firsthand to learn from it?

I guess that's the key point in good parenting/teaching/guiding etc. To know the limit.
But then there's no such manual or defined measurements for such limit.
My mom always said that parenting us, her children, was always a trial and error process.
And... whew, I don't think I'm ready yet to do that. Ever xP

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

don't worry, you'll be ready when the time has come :D

lite said...

hahaha, amiiiin :D