Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wash your hands!

I happened to watch the movie Contagion in the inflight entertainment during my ultra long flight to Indonesia last time.
And, boy, has it changed me.

The movie itself... is pretty "meh" to quote J's opinion on it :D

But one thing sticks to me the most, it gives me a new found paranoia on germs x_x
Despite the "meh" factor, the movie provides a pretty realistic illustration on what might happen when an outbreak of an epidemic virus really do occur.
If there's anything we can learn from the movie :

- Always wash your hands after contacts with anything... that you deemed worth-washing-hands-for!
I've always been pretty clean and careful with contacts to probable-germ-transferring-objects. I always carefully avoid to touch the public door handle as much as possible. For toilet doors I tried as much to handle it only with tissues in hands, for example. But in addition, I made it a case now to always wash my hands with soaps first after any trip outside then reaching campus / home.

- Don't touch your face too much!
I don't consider myself having the habit of touching my face. However, after watching the movie, I now realized I do unconsciously touch my face from time to time! Now I consciously try to minimize this contact as much as possible.

You should too.

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Pernah main game Pandemic?

Goal dari game ini adalah memusnahkan umat manusia dengan merancang sejenis penyakit yang berbahaya. Penyakit tersebut pada awalnya harus didesain untuk tidak mudah terdeteksi agar mudah menular tanpa diidentifikasi oleh manusia untuk kemudian bermutasi menjadi penyakit yang mematikan.

Strategi menjadi penting karena apabila penyakit terdeteksi, sejumlah negara mungkin akan menetapkan aturan imigrasi yang ketat yang akan membatasi penyebaran penyakit. Selain itu, apabila penyakit sudah terdeteksi, para ilmuwan akan berusaha memformulasikan vaksin untuk menangkal penyakit tsb.

*psikopat* T_T

lite said...

haiyah, bisa tambah paranoid ntar kayanya kalo maen itu xP

tsk tsk tsk habib, maen game kok yg untuk memusnahkan umat manusia.
Don't show ur true colour in public, zu ;P