Wednesday, February 08, 2012

White chocolate is a lie!

I went to sleep last night drooling on the thought that I'd make gorgeous chocolate muffin with white chocolate chunks on it for breakfast this morning.
Imagining the rich dark brown goodness with pretty white dots here and there ....
A fashionable yummy treat, Yummmm!

The thought comforted me and made me wished it would be morning soon!

Well... the dream lasted until the muffins were out of the oven.

The warm uniformly brown muffins with wisps of their heat lingering in the air...
wait, what? brown? JUST brown? not polka dot brown??! >_<

and I learnt the bitter truth...

No such thing as white dotted choc muffins could exist!

Apparently since the white chocolate consists mostly of chocolate butter, and not the solid part of the chocolate, it can't survive the baking process T_T

There goes my fantasy of enjoying my muffin with the gooey white chocolate chunks that melts in my mouth >_<

The cupcakes came out mostly plain chocolate, as the white chocolate chunks melted into oblivion.
In the case that the chunk was big enough, you'd be able to witness the sad remnants of it. Tiny morsels of white chocolate, stranded on moist pockets created by themselves before they melt.

Well... that's a lesson about what is white chocolate learnt the hard way...

No comments: