Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hugs and kisses

So, I seem to have the penchant for losing my stuffs somehow ^^;;>
Right after posting about my (unknowingly) lost winter gloves, just yesterday I managed to lose my wallet :D

After realizing that my wallet was nowhere to be found on the bus going home, I just went back to my campus and re-traced my route from the morning. Post office, campus, then the research center where I worked.

It was already late, and it's winter night, so it's all dark and cold and everyone mostly had gone back to their home. In my research center, the last place that I checked, I still couldn't find my wallet in my desk and working area. The office was empty except for one of my friend who always prefers work late and the cleaning ladies doing their job.

On my way out I asked one of the cleaning lady I passed if she might have seen my wallet somewhere. She responded no, then she called her friend, who also didn't see my wallet.

I have to say I did already expect it, was just trying to ask, since, well, there's nothing to lose anyway. So I just said it's ok and thanked them.


But then the lady proceeded to approach me...
and pat me in the head...
and hugged me...
and kissed my cheek...
comforting me

awwww =')

I honestly didn't expect that.
I was kinda taken aback actually that I guess I might have not hugged her back very well. Sorry >_<

But... it felt really nice to be hugged =')
And I'm very thankful to experience such affectionate display of empathy from a stranger with whom I usually only exchanged smiles as I passed by.

I guess that's Italy for you <3

5 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Turut berduka cita atas hilangnya sang dompet. Semoga diberi ganti sama Yang Di Atas :)

Enak yah jadi cewek, kalau cowok, hugs and kissesnya limited :))

lite said...

eh eh maaf lupa nulis detil followupnya, zu :D
besoknya dompetnya Alhamdulillah ternyata ketemu di kantor pos :D
disimpenin ma mbak yang jaga, beliau inget daku yang terakhir disana dan rusuh banyak bawa barang hihihi.

iya, ya, zu, ya, sedih ya, jadi cowok? xP
eh eh kalo gay jadi unlimited juga lohh xD

Ismail Habib said...

Wihiy ketemu...! Alhamdulillah. Jadi makan-makan dong :P


Ah UC nih ga di Indonesia ga di Italia masih teteuppp aja suka keilangan barang tsk tsk tsk

Untung mbak'e baik... xP

Iya nih, susah jadi cowok. Selain Istri, yang bisa dipeluk2 cuma Ponakan #1 dan Ponakan #2.

Gaya Ponakan #1: Resisting the hug
Gaya Ponakan #2: Helplessly resisting the hug

Yang terakhir bukan solusi tampaknya :))

Ismail Habib said...

Setelah dibaca lagi, komen terakhirku tampak unreadable hahahahah...

lite said...

hahaha, makan-makan apaan, itu pas dompetnya lagi kosoonnggg bener-bener ga ada uang hihihi xD dicari cari karena sayang ma dompetnya ma banyak kartu-kartu pentingnya xP

iya tuh, tizar untungnya udah makin sabar liat daku ilang2an xP

aih, kasiannya ponakan-ponakanmu, zu xD tunggu gedean dikit udah ntar bisa forcefully resisting the hug loh :P

hahaha, tenang-tenang, readable kok, zu. seperti yg pernah kita diskusikan, otak cewe cukup cepet buat mendeteksi pergantian konteks tanpa rambu-rambu pada pembicaraan xP