Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ice Skating

So, for the first time evah in my life I tried this sport today.

And now I've got 2 blisters on my feet, my whole body hurts so much, i couldnt sleep, and I guess Im too tired that I had nightmares when I accidentally fell asleep: I screamed things aloud T_T
so here i am blogging in the middle of the nite instead of sleeping @_@

It was nice actually ;D

I got a nice friend who kindly taught me the basics from scratch lol. Thankiiiess so very much for u!
I fell like the whole time though >_<
but he said I always fell very nicely!
so I guess Im proud that im such a pro in falling while skating =D

anyway some notes to self about skating:

- wear water resistant gloves
I fell down too much I guess that not before long my gloves r already wet cause I kept on falling and falling and holding on the ice to steady myself up.

- wear water resistant pants
Again, since I fell down most of the time, I went home with my jeans wet starting from under my knees downward and on my bums area. It wasn't nice wearing them back home on such a cold windy day @_@

- wear thick sport socks
I used the rented ice skating shoes sized 40D. Either that size is too narrow for my feet or it was just because I wear thin socks, I got blisters now on my inner side of feet. One for each foot in a perfectly same position.

I praise the developed technology of hansaplast here though that I could get something nice for my blisters instead of leaving them just like that.

It's called Cerotti per Vesiche. Transparent coloured, with gel to compress the irritated area and with the nice shape and comfortable substance which adhere nicely to the form of my feet. It protects the blister from getting more ouchy frictions, it soothes the pain (just a bit T_T), and its water proof too. It said it should helps a rapid recovery, lets hope so :D

- read some ice skating basics tutorial etc later
I didnt really know what I was doing, knowing I could slide to move here and there in between my falls made me happy already :D
But I still havnt got that smooth perfect rhythm to slides nicely, I still slided awkwardly, stumbled now and then, and my friend said I still did some unnecessary-complicating-additional moves every time I slide.
No matter how he explained to me the right way to slide, its always such a mess for me to change from 1 foot to another, the direction, the weight focus @_@
I should learn more abt that somehow.

All in all it was really a nice experience to be able to slide on ice! ;D

Im just hoping so much I could sleep anytime soon now and that this pain all over my body will go away soon T_T

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

I'm from tropical island. I don't skate.

The-not-so-important-comment-of-the-day

lite said...

hahahahaha xD
but u know, global warming is here! soon we might have no ice to skate on , so u should try it now now now! xD
ok, its decided then, I'll force u to try it when u get here!
mwahahahaha ;D