Thursday, March 20, 2008

time to say goodbye?

so...yea...my dearest ruby...just decided to go stuttering over and over the booting process since yesterday. she had been so nice to gave me quite some time to burn my important work data though before then repeating that stuttering process again.

Apparently something is wrong with the motherboard, theres something that went loose inside. It can be started just like usual, and it might let me do some works, but in an indefinite time that loosing part will take action, and my laptop will suddenly went off then reboot itself.

J and I were trying to pry it open yesterday, but we stopped just after we reached the memory part. I chickened out looking at all those green ic boards everywhere. the hard disk is ok, we tested in on j's laptop. so...should be something deeper...

I so wish theres someone expert at this laptop thing, who can just open it and glance it for awhile then fix whatever is loose there. cause im sure it shouldnt be something serious, (or should it?). J kept on saying its reaching the age, its just how these electronics go.

but anyway, i couldnt do any work yesterday...and gawd, how this profession had made me sooo attached to laptop. i cant live without one! T_T
that, plus my advisors are sooo eager with my work more than I do @_@
I finally used J's old powerbook yesterday nite just to find out there r already 7 mails of them discussing my work *orz*

I started looking out for one yesterday...dell xps m1330. what dya think?
*to be continued*

2 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Dell xps m1330 seems good... however you have to somehow "upgrade" it to Win XP... xD

lite said...

hehehe, yeaaa, i think so.
vista is pretty, but im completely lost every time i look at j's vista.
not to mention its more complicated to install XDO in vista xDDD