Monday, March 10, 2008

Shuffle

So, I've been wondering what in the world are these malaysian friends of mine talking about shuffle?

Googling it I found nothing other than card shuffling which I think is so remotely related to what they were talking about.

Until with a help of a friend finally I found what exactly it is today.

So it's a dance style which is popular in Malaysia and Australia.
My conclusion is that it's some kinda dancing style with stomping feet movements accompanied by musics with loud and fast bass beats *is that even understandable?* xD

The dance isnt really that impressive for me, just my opinion of course ^^;;>
Because for me a dance should be something pretty where ur body dance to the music and u enjoy and feel the music.

To me shuffle looks more like some trance dance; where u got lost in the music, where u r not really conscious abt ur dance.

Maybe because its just more emphasizing in the feet movement so it seems the hands and the upper part body dont seem to enjoy the dance? maybe because I havent get used to the kind of music to know that is how u properly enjoy such music? maybe because I havnt tried it myself? maybe I should so I can give a more appropriate comments on this phenomenon;D

well anyway here are some links:
wiki
basic shuffle dance tutorial
dance example

No comments: